Monday, June 23, 2008

Back packing trip to pine mountain.





My scout troop, my dad and, me went on a very hard hike this weekend. There was a total of 17 people there, 5 adults and 12 boys. We started at the bottom of pine mountain and hiked up, over and, down it. It was at least 15 miles with 20-25 pounds on your back. We started at about 2:00 PM on friday and it was pretty much straight up and then camped the night. The next day we hiked to the highest part of pine mountain called signal peak. We got our packs and hiked down pine mountain. We dropped 6000 feet in 3 miles. We got back to the cars at about 2:30 PM(well at least I did). The next day we were so sore we could barely walk.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow Dylan, that is amazing! Good job on completing the hike. Sounds hard! You do such a great job with scouts and everything you are involved in....oh and you are lucky to have such a great dad who adventures out and supports you in all your activities.

Alyssa

mattandmarcee said...

Wow Dyl, Dad and I didn't even know you updated about the Pine Mountain hike, we are so impressed!! I loved reading about the hike, keep it up and you'll have a great journal.

Love Mom

Lance & Joyce said...

That is so cool! I love Hiking, but don't think I have ever done anything that extreme! Great job! We all miss you tons and can't wait to see you again! Love you!
Aunt Joyce